If you plan to share resources with students, including collaborative student projects/folders, via Google Docs, there are a few things you should know:
- For proper integration, you must use CI Docs, which is the Google Docs account linked to your MyCI credentials.
- In Canvas, you need to authorize Google Docs integration.
Authorizing CI Docs (your CSUCI-affiliated GoogleDocs account) with Canvas
- Log in to myci.csuci.edu
- Click CI Learn to be directed to Canvas.
- Click Account and then click Settings.
- In the Registered Services area (under Web Services), click Google Drive, and then click Authorize Google Drive Access.
- Enter the email address associated with your MyCI account (e.g., first name.last firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Next.
Your Registered Services column should now include Google Drive.
Note: It is best to confirm that the email address associated with the Google Drive housed in the Registered Services column is your @myci.csuci.edu address.
This information is important for students, as well!
If you want them to collaborate on common Google Docs, it is important that they complete this Authorization Process in their Account Settings as well. Feel free to share these steps (as well as the video tutorial, below) with them!