During Summer 2020 over 260 faculty participated in T.H.R.I.V.E. to prepare for a virtual Fall 2020. T.H.R.I.V.E. stands for:
- T – Teaching & Technology
- H – High-Touch & Human Centered
- R – Revised & Reenergized
- I – Interaction & Impact
- V – Vulnerability & Variability
- E – Equity, Empathy & Engagement
Although T.H.R.I.V.E. has ended, CSUCI Faculty and Staff can view the courses and explore their rich content. When you select the links below you will be prompted to login with your MyCI Credentials.
Foundations for Online Teaching & Learning
This course consists of five labs dedicated to pedagogical and technological consideration for designing and facilitating an online course. These labs are geared toward those new to online course design and online teaching. Foundations models and guides best practice in online course development and facilitation using only tools built into Canvas. Each Lab is aligned to five specific instructional characteristics identified as influential in student academic success, especially for minoritized students (Joosten and Cusatis, 2019).
- LAB 1 | Revised & Reenergized (Aligning Objectives and Activities)
- LAB 2 | High Touch & Human Centered (Learner Support)
- LAB 3 | Interaction for Impact (Designing & Facilitating Interaction)
- LAB 4 | Learner Variability and Vulnerability (Course Content and Delivery)
- LAB 5 | Measuring Impact (Aligning Objectives and Assessment)
Enrichment Micro Courses
These courses extend beyond the ‘basics’ offered in Foundations. If you are interested in digging deeper into concepts and technological tools, explore the modules in these courses.
- Equity in Action
- openCI 3.0
- Assessment & Feedback
- Asynchronous Interaction and Student Engagement
- Synchronous Interaction and Student Engagement