A series of digital tools for teaching that can help during a prolonged disruption.
Digital Tools for Teaching
- Adobe Spark is an online and mobile design app that allows you to easily create social graphics, short videos, and web pages.
- Camtasia is a powerful screen capture tool and video editor all in one that allows you to create high-quality recordings for your classes and more.
- CI Docs allows you to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms through your web browser and is powered by Google Apps.
- CI Learn, also known as Canvas, is CSUCI’s learning management system
- Office 365 is a group of subscription services offered by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Office product line.
- ShareStream is a video streaming platform that can be used to add video content to classes in CI Learn as well as allow students to submit multimedia projects.
- TurnItIn is an originality checking and plagiarism prevention service.
- VoiceThread is an asynchronous engagement tool where students can share and discuss various media files and discuss using the audio, video, and text comments.
- Zoom is a cloud conferencing system that provides a video meeting space, lecture capture, and classroom environments. It allows for video, audio, and screen sharing between participants. It can be used from any computer, laptop, tablet, or phone, and it works on PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices.