In Zoom there are two primary roles: the Host and the Participant. The host is the person who schedules the meeting to occur in his/her Zoom room. Participantsinclude all individuals who join the meeting.
Scheduling a Meeting
You can schedule a meeting from the Zoom web portal or directly from the application.
From the Zoom Web Portal
- Login to Zoom via myCI
- Click ‘My Meetings’ on the left side of the page
- Give your meeting a title and select the meeting options you want enabled
- Click ‘Save’ to finish
- Once finished, you can either select a calendar option to add the scheduled meeting to your calendar or select ‘Copy The Invitation’ to send out the invitation. Clicking ‘Copy the Invitation’ will open up a window where you can copy the full invitation to send out via email.
From the Zoom Application
- Launch the application on your computer
- Click the ‘Schedule’ button
- Select your meeting settings
- Click the ‘Schedule’ button to finish
- The meeting will be scheduled and now appear in the ‘Meetings’ section of the application, located at the top of the Zoom window.
- If you selected a calendar, such as Outlook, while scheduling, a new window will open where you can copy the meeting invitation.
- Meetings that are scheduled for the current day will appear on the Zoom application’s main screen in the upcoming meetings panel on the right